Leadership in Uncertain Times
Will your business recover and thrive after this crisis?
You’ve watched the news. You’ve seen the scary stuff happening and you’re now facing one of the greatest tests of your leadership.
It’s natural to feel anxious during a crisis, and as a business owner or leader, your people are waiting for you to step up and give them courage.
How can you prepare for something you didn’t see coming? How can you best respond to the challenges and situations instead of reacting to it?
These are the questions we want to help you with.
We’re hosting complimentary training through our Rise Above TAB Central Alabama Virtual Boards this month which was created to give you the plan you need to thrive in the COVID-19 crisis and now through the chaos of rioting.
Register now: TAB CENTRAL VIRTUAL ROUNDTABLES
Confident in Crisis: Your 3-Step Plan to Lead in Chaotic Times
There are several ways you can respond as a leader. A well thought out plan can soothe an anxious heart, discourage fear among your team, and encourage the people who are counting on you.
I want to give you three tools today that can get you started in the right direction.
Too many times, we are talking or giving our opinion, when we should be listening.
- Listen to what your team needs or is going through, their fears, and uncertainties.
- Listen to your community leaders and know how to communicate by thinking through the difficult decisions they are dealing with.
- Listen to your inner voice, if something is off, feels wrong, or you’re not 100% positive, it’s time to take a break and refocus.
You can ensure a steady, reliable mindset no matter how bad it gets by using simple practices to ground yourself and set the stage for confident decision making.
SEEK TO UNDERSTAND
No one has all the answers but by working together, we can find solutions. There are at least five ways we can address a plan that enables us to find certainty and control in the midst of all the chaos and confusion.
- Seek Clarity. Our process can help you clarify priorities. How do family, work, health, personal finances, even politics integrate and work together for a better overall community?
- Seek Balance. When we’re in a panic, we go into full-on reaction mode. We focus on what’s urgent, not always what’s vital and beneficial. Sometimes we can’t even tell the difference. But with a clear priorities plan, we can give appropriate attention to each area with the amount needed to move in the desired direction.
- Seek Courage. It’s easy to get caught up in a reaction mode. But we need the courage to know when and how to respond and when to let go. If you’re anxious or afraid, don’t try to find comfort in the external.
- Seek Hope. Keeping our eyes on tomorrow is critical if we want to make the most of today. But that’s impossible when we’re in constant crisis mode. We’re trapped in the moment instead of moving.
Our Rise Above process enables you to envision a future worth working toward. We will still face uncertainty, of course. But you won’t be alone in transforming your problems into solutions.
RESPOND INSTEAD OF REACTING
To cultivate real hope that you’re getting someplace that truly matters and to help others as you move forward, you have to be committed to responding instead of reacting.
- Responding creates no regrets.
- Reacting can cause regrets which will steal your vision for the future.
- Reacting can cause you to get stuck in an endless circle of making rash decisions, trying to amend those with knee jerk reactions. With no way forward, life becomes a long story of regrets.
- Responding is making meaningful progress on a journey of significance where you will have a positive impact on your business and community.
Fear robs us of more than clarity, confidence, and hope. Fear even robs us of our identity.— Michael Hyatt
We can’t control everything, but we’re able—even accountable—to take control of what we can. Our Rise Above Program can help you where you are on the way to where you want to be.
Join us next week where we discuss the 3 positive steps you can take for your business. Message or call us today if you need help getting your business back on its feet.